Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Country Potatoes.

Yay! My first meal in the blog! I decided to make a favourite of mine-- country potatoes! You simply have to love potatoes. There are so many things you can make. Anyway, I started with peeling 6 small potatoes, chopping them into cubes, & boiling them for five minutes. Boiling them first ensures they'll be tender & not nearly raw in the middle like in my previous attempts.While frying the darlings in three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil , I diced half a yellow onion which I threw into the pan after maybe five minutes of cooking. I added oregano, garlic powder, & vegetable salt & flipped around the potatoes until they became crispy, brown, & delicious.The whole thing took roughly a half hour. Pretty simple, but hey, I'm a beginner. You have to start somewhere! Suggestions wanted & appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.